Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hello from Lincoln, Nebraska!


And the long-awaited answer to our poll is: 8:02 a.m.

We made it to Lincoln, Nebraska. It was my hope to make it to Ogallala, NE, but sleeping 2 hours last night combined with a late-ish start made it a better choice to stop in Lincoln.

Also, I noticed something. Once we hit I-80, we are driving mostly west. The sun sets in the west. This makes for quite bright driving come sunset. Painfully bright driving. Blindingly bright, even. So we are here in Lincoln. And let me tell you, I can't explain it, but there was something very right about pulling into Lincoln at sunset while listening to David Broza. Maybe it's just me.

Okay, enough from the mom.

It's Yoni's turn: I noticed something really weird. Once we hit Council Bluffs there was absolutely no snow! And it was 2 degrees below freezing!

Now it's Daniel's turn: Today we went to a hotel. Our room is nice. And pretty. Eema let us try a digital camera. And she let us use hers. I was in one of the pictures. I took a picture on the very new digital camera and Eema's. There's two lamps next to each other up on the wall and there's a button in between that you push and then they turn off and then if you push it again it turns on. I got a camoflauge suitcase that comes with a water bottle. And in our hotell we got a TV with a cool remote.

Back to Yoni: You may have noticed that Daniel said more. And for dinner we went to Village Inn and I had grilled cheese dunkers with salad on the side and Daniel had macaroni and cheese with graham crackers on the side. And now he's asking me to read Kat Kong to him. We are on our way to California to see Blue Grandma because this may be the last time we may be able to see her again. On our trip, we saw a lot of interesting things, like wind farms and horses.

Here are some pictures we took.

3 comments:

Cameron said...

I-80 is one of the most boring drives on the planet...I feel for you. I'm sure the boys keep you busy though.

Lyn said...

You're making good time! I love the contributions by the boys. And those Grilled Cheese dunkers sound great!!! Tell them to keep you safe and I look forward to another update tomorrow...xoxox

Dancing Waters said...

Thankx for the info from Yoni & Daniel ! We love to hear what is happening with you. : )

Sorry about the sun in your eyes thing, it will get better (on the way home) lol : )