Thursday, December 11, 2008

Halfway there!

We're smack dab in the middle of Wyoming in the town of Rawlins. It was a long drive today, but pleasant. The weather was scattered clouds and temps in the 40's. It was like a heat wave compared to what we left two days ago (when we had six inches of snow on the ground and the high was 4 above zero).

Mom: I am tired. My butt is tired. But I am thankful for the beautiful weather and clear roads and the full moon that lit our way from Laramie to Rawlins tonight.

Yoni: You know that song that says "I feel so broke up / I want to go home" (Mom supplies: Sloop John B ). I kind of feel that way because I miss Abba (Dad). But I want to see Blue Grandma too.

Daniel: Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And now for some photos along our way today.

You can't see the sign Daniel is holding, but it says "Ogallala." This is where we had originally hoped to stay last night, but we (okay, I ) was a little optimistic about how far we could travel in one day. It took us five hours to drive to Ogallala from our hotel in Lincoln.

















Nebraska is SOOOO interesting...


















Although this was unexpected...

















This is what apparently passes for snow today in Nebraska...
















Compared to what we left in St. Paul...

1 comment:

Dancing Waters said...

Love the snow pics !!

Can you imagine what the covered wagon travelers thought of that area??? (when will this end?) At least we have a road to help us go in a straight line : )

I like the shot of the three redheads. And Deniels comments are always so discriptive lol ;)