Monday, January 25, 2010

On a road to nowhere...

I'm totally ready for bed here in Salt Lake City. Tomorrow, I'm off to Cheyenne, Wyoming, a driving distance of 442 miles (72 miles fewer than today's trip). I did leave Reno at about 8:30am today, but once you figure in breaks to stretch and eat and take care of more personal matters, it wound up being nearly a 10-hour drive.

Northern Utah is expecting a rain/snow mix during the morning commute, and likely snow in the mountains between Salt Lake City and Wyoming. Yay.

The snow in Nevada was pretty, but the monochromatic view was also hypnotic (hence the need for more frequent breaks).


Also, it seemed at times that the road went on forever.

 
 
Okay, I'm gonna get to bed so I can get up early, have a quick breakfast at the hotel restaurant, and get on the road before the snow gets too bad. Once I get past Evanston WY, I'll at least be out of the mountains and then I can deal with wind. :-) But with the Suburban packed tighter than a can of sardines on steroids, I shouldn't blow away. I really miss MN, cold and snow and all!

No comments: