Tuesday, January 26, 2010

The suite life

Wyoming was windy today! Here are today's pics.

This is the motorized monstrosity I'm driving. I'm actually used to it now. I kinda like it!



Utah was snowy and, going through the Wasatch Mountains, the windshield washer sprayer thingies got clogged with slush and road grime. Check out the gunk on the windshield:


I hung out behind a few trucks, letting them kick up moisture onto my windshield so I could wipe occasionally, until I was able to find a gas station. And lucky me, there was a car wash there, too, and the warm water cleaned out the wiper sprayers. My gloves got wet, but the Suburban, like my van, comes with a built-in glove dryer:


In western Wyoming, I saw that same rock formation that the boys and I took photos of in December '08:

And I saw some really scary weather. Fortunately, I didn't drive into this snowstorm:

And Wyoming has some pretty scenery. Sunset, coming into Laramie.



Finally, I'm here in Cheyenne. In a suite, no less! I use hotels.com to book my hotels and this hotel was having a winter special, meaning that it cost less to get a suite than it would have to stay anywhere else, even a Super 8 motel!

Tomorrow, it's across Nebraska to Lincoln, a distance of 442 miles. The weather should be good, and yay, no mountains! Only two more driving days left before I'm home!

No comments: